Our mission is to help abandoned, neglected and forgotten animals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
We also provide community education/awareness to the public on responsible pet ownership and empower people to make a difference.
Help Abandoned, Neglected and Forgotten Animals in Kansas City and Surrounding Areas.
Fostering saves lives!
Foster parents care for injured or sick pets, moms with litters, and single babies who are too young or need training!
With the love and care that our foster parents provide, these animals receive the individual attention that they each desperately need to become truly special lifetime companions. Not only is fostering a fun and educational activity for the whole family, but our foster parents are completely enriched by their experiences.
Steps to Become a Foster Parent:
- Fill out our online Foster Application
- Please allow 24 hours for a response
Up for Adoption
These animals are looking for forever homes.
Each has a unique story that makes them special. All animals are spayed or neutered, current on vaccinations, and micro-chipped. All adoptable animals are listed on The Rescue Project’s PetFinder page.
Steps to Adopt:
Volunteering with The Rescue Project is a win-win. Volunteering with The Rescue Project brings comfort to the volunteer, as well as comfort to animals who need it most.
We could not be effective without the help of our many volunteers. There are several ways in which you can make a difference.
Step 1:Download Our Volunteer Handbook
Step 2:Complete and Application to Volunteer!
If you wish to donate any items, please contact email@example.com for pick-up arrangements. You can also visit our Amazon Wish list and have items shipped directly to us! Most of the items below can be purchased at Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply and Big Lots stores.
Outreach and TNR (Trap Neuter Release) Needs
- Animal traps –raccoon size for cats, xl for dogs
- Antibacterial for treating fly wounds on skin
- Blankets/flat sheets (used) – med/lg
- Bones – rawhide and pigs ears
- Buckets – metal and sturdy plastic
- Cable Tie – Outs for large/xl dogs up to 250 lbs.
- Cat food -Dry and canned (pop lid) – any type/brand
- Collars – metal clipping preferred
- Containers for food/water – gallon jugs, litter containers
- Dog food – Dry and canned (pop lid) – any type/brand
- Dog Houses – Igloo/sturdy plastic
- Duct Tape – heavy duty
- Fly Bags
- Fly Spray
- Food bowls – metal/sturdy plastic
- Metal Clips
- Plastic tubs (with lids) – 30-55 gallon size
- Straw (dry, seasonal)
- SWAT Fly Repellent
- Tarps – Sm/Med/Lg
- Trash Bags – heavy duty – large/xl
- Zip Ties
Gift cards from Home Depot, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply, Big Lots and Amazon are also greatly appreciated.
Consider a Monthly Gift! For as little as $10 a month, you can help feed an animal in need. Your donations go directly to animals in the Kansas City area.
Donate online via Paypal!
We are also in need of many important items. Click here to view a list of our needs.
Apply to Volunteer
Volunteering with The Rescue Project is a win-win. Volunteering brings and gives comfort. We could not be effective without the help of our volunteers. There are many way in which you can make a difference.